•5:41 PM
LANA:

This really isn't the post I imagined writing today.

Um.

It was a 'no'. Apparently he has gone and gotten himself 'too much experience'. That darn experience will get you every time.

For those who didn't know, the position would have been an on-site caterer for casts and crews filming movies and TV series. We are so desperate to leave that the details of the job didn't matter. They flew around my head like so many flies to be swatted when I got the time. But, I guess they did matter. Or, would have. Here's a few:

* One dollar less an hour than he earns now (but possibly more hours!)
* Some projects would require travel for up to 3 months at a time (I'll homeschool the kids! We'll come visit! We'll live in an RV!)
* Past projects of the company have been adult films (He won't look!)
* Hours often would begin at 4am to get the breakfast spread out (Well, he doesn't have to do it forever!)
* Possibly could be gaps between projects with no work (Uh...I don't know, we'll figure it out!)

If we're brutally honest with ourselves, it wouldn't have been a good fit for our family. We kind of like having DH around every day. We're adventurous though, and ready for something, ANYTHING new, even if it is inconvenient or different or means we have to adjust further than we imagined. Plus it would have been just plain cool to have DH catering to movie stars (or soon-to-be ones, anyway). The connections and networking could have been amazing.  

Aaaaah, I can't lie - it hurts to have been so close and have the door shut on our toes. It hurts pretty bad. DH and I look at one another and have no words to say. I want him to know it's not his fault; he did everything he possibly could, and now we have to accept that this job was not the one. Not today. It has to mean something better is in the works. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

- Jeremiah 29:11


Thank you for your answer today, God. We have faith.



This entry was posted on 5:41 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On February 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM , Stacy said...

UGH! Well, the DEVIL is in the details, isn't it? I totally agree with you that the job just doesn't fit with your family. But sometimes we need that 'let down' to see that. I hate the old cliche about something better will come along but subscribing to the good optimistic view point that I do, I can't help but feel that way for you guys. It will happen. You just can't rush it. (((((hugs)))))

 
On February 2, 2011 at 6:31 PM , The Shindigs said...

Thanks, Stacy! I am trying so hard not to focus on the RUSH, but being so impatient for this to happen is my downfall and it makes the tension just that much greater for myself - I need to chill out and just enjoy the moment I'm in. I really do try every day (for a few minutes at least)!